Monday, November 6, 2017

Monthly Roundup: October 2017


October has been a weird month for me. It has both flown by and dragged on. It was the month I had my skin removal surgery, which ultimately was harder than I anticipated. I ended up being out of work two and a half weeks, and I struggled with pain from my drainage sites. I'm super proud of myself for going back to work last week, as I did not feel well. Somehow I was able to compartmentalize the pain during the work day, but as soon as I left work, I was almost rendered disabled by the pain. I'm still struggling with that pain, and pretty immobile at home, but I'm hopeful I will be able to get rid of my drains soon. 

It is safe to say I've spent tons of time online this month, and I spent a lot of time watching TV. I'm happy I have the CBS all access pass, as it has allowed me to watch all these back seasons of Survivor. I've never watched it before, and I'm enjoying it. 

Football this year has been a little ho hum for me and Adam this year. Not only is our quarterback out with a broken collar bone, but so many players that are fun to watch are out too. And don't even get me started on my Fantasy Football season. I literally can't win for losing, and I'm losing horrendously. But Adam is doing OK, so maybe he can pull off the win this year! 

We have had incredibly mild Fall weather so far, which I am finding disappointing as I love chilly days. But the trees are FINALLY starting to change colors, and I'm happy about that. I'm still wearing leggings and boots all the time however, because I love Fall fashion, regardless of the temperature. I am also happy about daylight savings time ended because I love it getting darker earlier. I feel like I'm a rare bird in that aspect. Everyone else seems to be complaining.


This month we made some fun purchases. Adam got the new Nintendo Switch, which he was super pumped about. He has been playing a lot of Mario Odyssey lately, which is an adorable game, and it looks like it is a lot of fun. I found out that one of my favorite podcasts, My Favorite Murder, is doing a live show in Nashville in a few months. I was able to grab a ticket for me and a friend, and I'm more than a little pumped.  

Halloween was very low key this year. I didn't end up buying a costume for me or Link this year as planned. I realized that Halloween fell on the night of my bowling league, so we couldn't hand out candy to the trick or treaters. So I spent the evening at the alley, hanging with my team, and cheering on Adam who is still bowling in my place due to me being in recovery. But I did celebrate by eating too much candy, and I wore my Nightmare before Christmas LulaRoe Leggings, that everyone seemed to like. I couldn't get that "This is Halloween" song out of my head all day.

Now that is it November, I'm looking forward to a calm month. I will hopefully get my drains out, and I will be able to resume a workout routine. There are some movies I want to see, and I have a few plans with friends. And I really can't wait for that long, Thanksgiving weekend!

Always,
B

 
Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!