Sunday, November 5, 2017

My Grown Up Christmas List



I thought it would be fun to put together a little grown up Christmas list of stuff I'm craving right now.  Adam and I have actually decided to keep it to small gifts this year, we seem to enjoy that more than going all "out," even though we could. Small Christmas celebrations with Adam remind me of those Christmases we spent solo in California, where we would only exchange small trinkets or items like PJ pants. They always felt so special, since we had so little money.

Truthfully, most things now a days that either one of us really wants, we can get on our own. And Christmas is crazy enough, that I would much rather use our money on the gifts for our family members or save for upcoming vacations (we are going to Disney for a few days this December).

But it's still fun to dream right? So here are a few things expensive and inexpensive items I would love to see underneath the Christmas tree:

1. Hey Arnold Complete Series
Hey Arnold! was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger. I watched it all the time, and I honestly imagine I will find it even more funny as an adult. It seems like one of those kids' shows that would have some hidden humor for adults.There are some episodes and jokes that I still remember even though I haven't seen this show in decades. Anyone else remember, "Stoop Kid is afraid to leave his Stoop?" 

2. Craft a Life You Love by Amy Tangerine
I recently heard an old podcast episode that had an interview with Amy Tangerine. I've have always admired her craftiness, but I had never heard anything about her book. The interview got me really excited to read this book, and it is actually part workbook as well. I don't mind a little self-improvement homework!

3. Canon Selphy Printer 
I typically order all my prints through persnickety for my project life spreads, and they are excellent quality. We do have a printer at home, and if there is a picture I really want/need, I will print it out on some photo paper. But I have never been pleased with the quality. I've heard good things about these printers, and I love that they are small and portable. I can keep it in my craft room upstairs and never disrupt the flow of crafting time by having to stop and go downstairs. Because when I do that, I typically get distracted.

4. Instax Camera
I use to love those old poloroid cameras, and I love the look of the instax prints. I think it would offer me a variety, when it comes to different types of pictures in my albums!  I think this is one that is going to be hard to not buy for myself for Christmas! I'm obsessed with them right now. 

5. Raskog Ikea Cart
I see these all over the place when I look at pictures of other peoples' craft rooms, and I know exactly what I would like to store in it. I would love to organize my stamps in it. I don't do much stamping, but I feel that if it was out in the open then I would use them more. We don't have an IKEA near us, but we pass by one when we drive to Disney, and I might just have to convince Adam to let us stop by. I have my eye of the grey one, since my room is yellow/grey/white/soft pinks. 

6.  Dry Bar Tress Press 
I've been obsessed with Drybar since I got my blowout there during my trip to Las Vegas. Their dry shampoo is phenomenal, I love the smell of the on the rocks shampoo/conditioner, and I use the Hoddy Toddy heat protection serum before I straighten my hair. I have had the same straightener for 5-6 years. It was 20 dollars from target, and it works fairly well. I just feel like it might be time for a upgrade. And isn't that butter cup yellow super cute?


Always,
B


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!