Thursday, June 9, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend & The Cotton Row 10k





The week that we got back from Europe was one tough entrance back into reality. On the way home from the airport, our car started shaking and the check engine light came on. We had to replace some ignition cords, which cost a lot of money and was one big inconvenience. I was dog tired with jet lag for a couple of days, and I could not seem to catch a good night's sleep no matter how hard I tried. And then I came down with my first ever case of food poisoning, and I literally thought I was going to die. Thankfully, Adam talked me out of going to the hospital, and Adam went on a late night run to Wal-Mart for Gatorade and stomach medicine. He is the best.

So believe me that after a week of that nonsense, I was more than glad to have a three day weekend, where my bestie Jana came to visit.

We spent time floating around the lazy river and ate yummy gelato on Saturday. On Sunday, we got together with a group of friends, and we did the Escape Pod game. It was so fun. We were "locked" in a room, and we had to follow clues to bust out! Unfortunately, we got really close to solving the puzzle when our time ran out. <whomp, whomp>. I blame math, but I'm looking forward to trying again another time!

On Memorial Day itself, I did the run I do ALMOST every year, The Cotton Row. However, this year I upgraded from the 5K to the 10k.  It was an enjoyable race, truly one of my favorite courses. There is one BACK-BREAKING hill, but once you get up it, the race is literally all down hill from there. I will happily do the 10k again next year!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!