Saturday, November 26, 2016

A Big, Quick Catch Up Post

It has been a busy couple of months. I had been busy at work over the summer and the early fall. My stepfather passed away, along with other life events. And now that things are finally settling down, I want to catch up on a few events I never had time to blog about. I'm going to keep the descriptions short and sweet for simplicity sake.

I've been waffling lately, wondering if I even wanted to keep on blogging. I haven't felt so passionate about it lately, as I've been in years past. I'm documenting my life in other ways (I.E-scrapbooking, social media).

I've always enjoyed having this as an outlet and a source to keep my memories. It's been hard for me to believe I would ever not feel like blogging, as I've been blogging since I was 15. But I'm not quite ready to pull the plug yet, so I'll see what happens over the next few months.




My all time favorite TV show is hands down, The Gilmore Girls. That show was so much a part of my late teens and early twenties. I can't even tell you how much I'm excited about the revival. It has been at the fore front of my thoughts for the last few months, and I've watched the previews like crazy.

An off-shoot of my love of Gilmore Girls, has been my love of the podcast Gilmore Guys. That podcast is too funny, and I am seriously in love with Demi & Kevin. Soo funny. So when I saw they were doing a live taping in nearby Nashville, I had to go. Adam tagged along with me, and they put on such a good show! They tossed pop tarts to the audience, made us take a live oath (which doubled as an advertisement for blue apron), and took us through all the regular segments. Such a good time. I even wore my Luke's Diner shirt.





We went to a wedding in October of a good acquaintance that used to host the trivia nights we frequently attend.  It was a fun wedding, they had a super hero theme and such fun touches throughout. I loved the photo booth, and I really loved my new grey dress that I wore. Going to weddings with Adam is always my favorite, as weddings feel so romantic. 






Our friend Luther came to visit from California, and we did so many fun activities. But they only one new for me was touring The Hermitage in Nashville. The Hermitage is the home of Andrew Jackson.We enjoyed seeing this historic home, walking the grounds of the old plantation, and learning more about the 7th president. 




For Halloween, we stayed in and passed out candy to the trick or treaters. I got a little into Pokemon Go this summer, so I couldn't resist dressing up a Pikachu. The kids loved it! Link was a very reluctant monster. 



Adam and I met some family members down in Shreveport, LA, for the Insane Inflatable 5k.  We had so much fun with the obstacles, some were surprisingly tall! But going down the slides after climbing up them was super fun, and not one of us managed to get hurt. So props to us!


Packer's season is well underway, and although our team sucks this year! I wanted to share this picture of the cutest Packer fan ever!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!