Sunday, July 24, 2016

England/France Trip: Part 5




The day after our Wales trip, we got up bright and early to catch the Eurostar to Paris. And I mean early, the sun wasn't even up yet. We managed to sleep the whole 2 and a half hour train trip, never even noticing the 22 minutes we spent in the underwater tunnel. 

To be honest, both Adam and I had a little anxiety about our trip to Paris. Some were normal traveling fears about not speaking the language, etc. But I had also heard that Paris was dirty and that the French were rude.

I'm here to tell you none of this is true. I don't know if it is because we've lived in a metropolitan area, but it was no worse than L.A., (probably cleaner than Southern Cali to be honest) or any other big city I've visited. And I met not one rude person. I don't know if that was because we always tried to use our horrid French before launching into English. Never assuming that everyone spoke English (although most did). 

But they treated us with total kindness.



After we got checked into our hotel, we headed back out on the Paris Metro to the Pantheon. I had booked us a walking tour of the Latin Quarter, that began there. The tour ended up being just us, one other lady, and the guide. Which made it very intimate, and it felt more like just walking and talking with friends. 

What ended up being really cool was our tour guide was a National Hackey sack champion, who knew there was such a thing?






One of the things that blew me away on the tour & about Paris, was just how simple and beautiful all the buildings were. I would round the corner, and the sights would blow me away. I loved those wrought iron balconies most of all. 




One of our stops on the tour was the Jardin (Garden) du Luxembourg. There really are not any words that could describe how truly breathtaking that garden was. Just everywhere you looked there was something to see! And this shot of us is my favorite from the entire trip.




Arthur also pointed out so much Paris street art. He said there is one unknown artist who is leaving Mario/Video game related art all over. It became fun to spot those pieces throughout the rest of our trip. And also look at that little Ratatouille, so cute!



We also had a few treats a long the way. We had almond kouignettes from the famed Maison Georges Larnicol, and we also stopped at a cafe for Camembert fondue. Yummy!

I ate my way through Paris, especially in sweets.  

We were tired after the tour, due to lots of walking and an early morning (plus time change). But that didn't keep me from stopping by a local pastry shop for a Lemon tart, before we settled in for the night and ordered room service!

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!