Tuesday, July 5, 2016

One Wicked Weeked






Summer is rough on me. I work a lot this time of year, and I swear I'm always tired. But I try to squeeze in a little fun here and there, so the season doesn't just pass me by.

Going to see Wicked with my friends this weekend in Birmingham was one of my planned getaways. My love of musicals is well-documented on this blog, and Wicked, of course, is one of the best. I first saw it 10 years ago in Hollywood. Adam and I were in the nose bleed seats at the Pantages. I loved every minute of it. We paid so much for those tickets, when we had so little money, it was a real luxury at the time.

Our seats were a little better this time around. 

My college friend Lark and I left for Birmingham Sunday morning, meeting up with our other friend Anna for the matinee. We were so excited! We each got a different themed drink from the bar pre-show. They were called Ruby Red Slippers, The Wicked Witch, and the Yellow Brick Road. So fun!

The play was excellent, and we ended up singing the songs all weekend long!



We stayed the night in Birmingham, so after our matinee, we headed out to dinner at Todd English's P.U.B. It was sooo good. I had my first ever Moscow Mule. We each ordered an appetizer (Fried Pickles, Pimento Cheese Dip, & Pretzel Sticks). That cheese sauce was to die for.

I ended up ordering the Bangers and Mash, which were good, but I was just about too full to eat any of it. And I finished the meal with one the best Creme Brulees I've ever had. 

I had a wonderful weekend with some of my best girls, and it was a perfect way to spend the holiday.



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!