Sunday, January 23, 2011

Good News!

Friday after work I got one of those amazing phone calls that really makes your day/your week/your month/your year. Adam called to tell me he got a promotion! A promotion that he has deserved for a long time. Not only is he getting a promotion with a substantial pay raise, he is getting a retroactive promotion!  Meaning that, in one lump sum, he is getting what he would have earned had he gotten this promotion in July 2010!

When Adam started with this company four years ago, he was a clerical assistant. Doing nothing more than stuffing envelopes. About a year and a half ago, he took on a new position. One that required a lot of responsibility and hard work, but he was never given the title or the pay that goes with that job. But Adam is such a hard worker. He never plays hookey and it takes Herculean force to get him to take off when he is sick. He has a work ethic I have rarely seen. I knew he would eventually get his recognition.

I have been worrying about money lately. The time I spend tutoring usually wraps up in March/April, and I would probably not be able to tutor/or be earning any money when I start my internship in June. Adam kept telling me it would be fine, it would be tight but fine. I'm a worry wart, and found it hard to believe him. But his raise amounts to what I pull in tutoring and a little more. How serendipitous is that?

I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!