Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Link's Mini Album




I mentioned in my September Monthly round-up that I had planned to use this Zelda themed journal from Hobby Lobby to make a mini-album about Link. I have been having a lot of fun with it so far for many reasons.

For one, most of pages have only taken me a few minutes to put together. I also like being able to use up some of my scrappin' stash I've accumulated over the years.  And not to mention, it is just fun  to try something a little different.

But most importantly, I'm kind of obsessed with Link, so there's that.


The inside cover of the book was already printed with a map from the game. I did not worry about coordinating with that page, when I made my title page.

For the title page, I just cut up some scrapbooking paper, framed the white space with some washi tape (I feel the words-hi/hello are perfect for a starter page), and I stamped Link's name repeatedly.


On the next page, I typed some journaling on a 4 X 6 pocket page card all about Link's adoption from the pound. I had some pet themed cards from a journal card set from Studio Calico, and I used some chipboard pieces from there as well.  Isn't the sentiment that, "In a perfect world, every pet would have a home and every home would have a pet," just perfect for this project?


This is probably my favorite page so far. I love how it turned out, both cute and simple. These pictures are from Link's first few days with us. I wrote about what it was like just having a puppy in the home again.

For decoration, I used repeating star embellishments. The green ones are vellum and the yellow stars are stickers. The up & up card is from an Ali Edwards kit. Then I framed the pictures with an alpha set to make a title.

I can't wait to make more, and I will share as soon as I do.

Love,
B

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!