Tuesday, May 24, 2011

25th

On our last day in San Francisco, I turned 25 years old. We celebrated by probably having the most expensive meal in the nicest restaurant I've ever been to. It also happened to be the best food I've ever had. I guess you get what you pay for? My mother had pre-told the wait staff it was my birthday, so every time I turned around I was being wished a happy birthday. And when I ordered dessert (vanilla bean creme brulee), it came with a candle on top. I don't really remember what I wished for but I'm sure it was amazing.

Honestly, I feel like last year I had a whole lotta reasons to be sad, but a half a million more reasons to be glad, and I choose to be glad and celebrate the abundance of good things in my life. And I have a sneaky suspicion that this year will be even better than the last.

So here's to my 25th trip around the sun, may it be even better than the last.

Song of the Day: Que Sera Sera by Doris Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!