Monday, May 2, 2011

May Day Weekend





 
1. I got all excited about the Royal Wedding. I just couldn't help myself. I had no intention of watching it live, but I was still awake when it came on at 2, so I ended up staying up till the final kiss.  I don't regret it, even though I was dead tired the next day. It was historical, beautiful, and I died over her dress. Why wasn't I born a Princess? Or why isn't Adam a Prince? Oh I wish I had been in England that day at the wedding, I would look so good in a jaunty, sideways hat. But the hats beg the question-How many people in attendance were mad that they were stuck behind someone in a huge hat? Or behind a tree for the matter?

2. Adam and I both went to the movies on Saturday. But we went to see different movies. This may seem weird, but I wasn't really interested in seeing Fast Five, and he could care less about Water for Elephants. Yes, I took a pic of the screen, and I snuck in food. I'm such a rebel. Water for Elephants was so good, though not as good as the book. But I have to wonder are we really supposed to believe that Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon are around the same age?

3. After the movie, we went out to get something to eat. Breakfast for supper is a tried and true Marten favorite. The owner of the restaurant caught me taking a picture of  these delicious Banana Nut Pancakes, and he made me promise to tell the Internet where I got the pancakes. So because I keep my word, I got these pancakes at Park Pantry in Long Beach on Broadway!

4. I finally got my iPhone this weekend, and I am obsessed with the app Words with Friends. I love, love, love playing this with my friends and niece. Although I have yet to win one, mostly because my friend keeps playing words like "ZA".  I don't even think that "ZA" is really a word, but she said she randomly put it together on a triple word score. I call SHENNIGANS. I'm open to playing with anyone, if you want to play my username is Brittanyhofo.

5. This little guy is Oliver, and Oliver is an adorable little stray that has been hanging out with us for a little while. But his story will be a tale for another entry. But I have to say, he is darn adorable. Even if Sarah doesn't think so....

Song of The Day: Somewhere Only We Know by Keane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!