Monday, July 11, 2011

Long Beach Street Food Fest









Saturday, Adam and I met some friends at the Street Food Fest in Downtown Long Beach. I was super excited about the fest because I have been obsessed with food trucks since I watched the Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network. But most of the food trucks typically hang out in Downtown Los Angeles, which is a long way to drive for some food from a truck. But a food fest in Long Beach? I am totally down for that.

One of the trucks I was obsessed with trying was the Nom Nom Bahn Mi truck, which almost one won the TV show competition last summer! So, of course, they were the first truck we stopped at. I grabbed a delicious Lemongrass Taco and Grilled Pork Taco. Nom Nom. That is all I have to say Nom Nom. Or in other words, amazing.

Next, I hit the Crepes Bonaparte truck. Crepes have always had a special place in my heart because we would often make up crepes in my French class when I was earning my undergrad degree from MUW. The people working the crepes bonaparte truck had the cutest little uniforms topped with berets.  I ordered the Spicy Bottom Crepe, which had cooked cinnamon apples, caramel, and whip cream.  It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

After finishing the crepe, we stopped by the chunk-n-chip cookies truck for dessert. Basically, they have really fancy but amazingly tasty chipwhiches. I ordered the Moo-lan Rouge. The Moo-lan Rouge is warm Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Chip Fudge Ice cream. Adam got the Chocolate Haven, which was chocolate brownie cookies stuffed with vanilla ice cream. They were both terrific and I really think they were the best thing we had all day.

I tried a lot of other foods from other people's plates as the day wore on and all of it was great. The only thing I didn't get to try that I really wanted to was the grilled cheese truck. The line was humongous. But I would have loved to have tried their macaroni and rib grilled cheese or their smores melt. Oh well, there is always next year.

Song of The Day: Grey Street by The Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!