Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Leather Anniversary

Today is our third wedding anniversary. And I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited. Like I told Adam last week (after which he looked at me like I was crazy), our anniversary is like a birthday that we can celebrate together!!!! (I said it just like that with lots of exclamation points). And we all know how I feel about birthdays!

I can't believe how fast these last three years have flown by, and I know three years isn't a a lot of time in the scheme of life. But I think every anniversary is a wonderful occasion, and should be celebrated as a milestone. Especially since we live in Southern California, the land of the celebrity, where three years might as well be fifty.

I'm going to go ahead and apologize right here because I'm about to turn into a big, old, mushy sap.

Last Friday night, when Adam got home from work, I asked him if he wanted to snuggle for a little while. And with anniversary plans on our mind, we started talking about some of our favorite moments from our wedding. Eventually, the conversation morphed into our thoughts about marriage.

I told him all about how much I appreciated him for always taking care of us so unselfishly,  and how he has supported me (emotionally, financially), so I could have the opportunities to go for my dreams with never a complaint. When life for us would have definitely been easier had I started working right when I moved to California to be with him.

Adam told me he loved me just the same  now as when we married, but that his respect for me has grown tenfold. He said he respected me for how I had dealt with things that have happened to me in my past, and how I had the courage to follow my dreams. And how I have to conquer my anxiety every single day. It feels good when someone tells you that they love you, but it feels even better when someone tells you that they respect you

I'm married to a man who really loves me, and I really love him, what more is there to say?

Happy Anniversary to Us. 

Song of the Day: 18th Floor Balcony by Blue October

2 comments:

  1. Belated anniversary wishes to you and Adam...nothing wrong with mushy my dear, especially when it comes from the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!