Saturday, April 28, 2012

New Recipe Every Month of 2012: Beer Battered Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwhiches


When I was on my little trip last week, I stopped at Sonic quite a few times. I love Sonic, but I never get to go except when I'm back home, because we have so few out here where we live in California.  This is a tragedy made even worse by the frequent airings of all those dang Sonic commercials on TV. 

On one of these Sonic trips, my niece, Cassie, introduced me to a little piece of heaven, BLT Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. They were AMAZING! So I decided for April, I would try to make my own, and I found an even better recipe on pinterest, Beer Battered Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

They were so delicious, I could have eaten a million (but alas, I stuck to one). Here is the recipe!

Ingredients:

6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
4 slices rustic white bread
2 slices provolone cheese
2 slices Cheddar cheese
1 egg
3/4 cup pale ale beer
1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

Step One: In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain grease with paper towel

Step Two: Put together sandwhich with 2 slices of bread, 1 slice provolone cheese, 1 slice Cheddar cheese, and three slices of bacon.

Step Three: Heat griddle/skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl, thoroughly combine egg, beer, flour, and chili with fork. Dip sandwhich in batter, a few seconds for each side. Drain excess batter back into bowl.

Step Four: Melt butter on griddle. Place sandwich on griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown and cheese is melty.

Serves Two.

Song of the Day: Impossible by Figurine

4 comments:

  1. at my language i will wrote just "njam njam njam" :) i will eat all of that :)

    Hace a great week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I did not know that Sonic had "BLT" Grilled Cheese sandwiches. I love their plain grilled cheese, but I was unaware of this other version! I am definitely going to have to try your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I am totally going to make that this weekend. YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you linked in, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!