Friday, June 8, 2012

Favorite Things: Essie Nail Polish

A few short months ago, I kicked my lifelong habit of biting my nails. So I've been working on growing out my nails, which are weak because of all the years of abuse. But I'm finally getting somewhere, and now that I am no longer trying to hide my nails, I've really been enjoying painting them. OK, obsessively painting them.

Seriously, I had no idea how fun picking out new colors could be, or how relaxing I would find painting my nails on Sunday nights. The first brand that I tried that I really loved was Essie. I guess I was attracted to the pretty design of the bottles and the uber cute color names (like tea & crumpets, no pre-nup, and picket fence, I mean come on I'm a sucker for cute). But it is absolutely the best brand I've ever used! It is creamy and easy to put on for a novice nail painter like me, who has shaky hands. And I can go at least a week without any chipping.

Right now I own, Mojito Madness, Fear or Desire, Turquoise & Caicos, and A Crewed Interest. But I have so many other colors on my wishlist. I'm just trying to take it easy because it seems silly to spend all my money on nail polish! But I am truly obsessed.

Song of the Day: Rough Cut by Amber Rubarth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!