Sunday, September 16, 2012

Long Distance Love, The Sequel

Brittany: Roar
Adam: okay
Brittany: I said Roar
Adam: go out and do something will ya?
Brittany: LOL Sundays are my get ready for the work week day.
Adam: gotcha
Brittany: so roar with me
Adam: howl
Brittany: Nice touch

These are the kind of conversations me and my husband have been having online for the last two months while he's been away. And I have to admit, that I've kind of been enjoying them. Because this is how our relationship started, online and long distance. And we would spend all night talking about stupid things just like this. But talking to him online is no match to being with him face-to-face. I can't wait till he finally gets here on Wednesday evening.

This being apart for two months has been an interesting experiment I guess. I spent the first six weeks sleeping on the floor at my mother's home, and feeling like I was back in high school. And then I moved into our new apartment, which didn't have Internet or TV hooked up for a week and a half, which was a little boring to say the least.

There has also been an issue with spiders. I am terrified of spiders. I'm terrified when I see them, terrified to get close enough to kill them, and I'm certainly terrified to leave them living because what if they crawled on my face in my sleep, bite me, and then I die. So in the past, when I would see a spider I would make Adam kill it. Even at 3 a.m., when he's dead asleep. Because that's just how I roll, and it's also a good way to live up to the women need men to kill bugs stereotype. But you know what? He never even complains because that's how he rolls.

When we were considering whether or not we should move at different times this summer, I never consider the fact that I might have to deal with spiders on my own. So what did I do when I first saw a spider in the new apartment? Well first of all, I lost my ever loving mind. Then, I had to figure out a way I could kill it without getting anywhere near it. But of course, I didn't have any insect spray in the apartment. Because I'm basically here with just the barest essentials, until Adam gets here with all the furniture. It's really just like camping with air-conditioning, or actually maybe it's more like glamping. But really it's not like glamping at all, because nothing about how I'm living right now is overly fancy.

So I grabbed the only thing I could think of, my Clinique happy perfume. And I sprayed that sucker until it no longer moved. And then I scooped it up and threw it away. I was actually pretty proud of myself for being able to handle the situation on my own. And now I know what to do in the future if I'm home alone with a spider. Plus, my apartment smelled so good after that. See two birds, one stone!

And while I've done a fairly good job at handling life without him, as made obvious by my spider killing skill sets, I know life will be better when he gets here. So I'm just thinking the gods that govern cross country moves that he will be here on Wednesday, and that this is the last weekend I will spend without him.

2 comments:

  1. So funny about the perfume attack! That's one of the hardest things for me to deal with when Colby is on trips--the bug kill! Glad you'll be together again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, clinique happy for the win! Here's a tip, because I HATE spiders too, and I used to live alone, and freak out so bad when I saw one. If you have a swiffer, the flat part makes a great spider splatter, and it's an arm's length away. That or a shoe.
    I can't wait for Adam to get there and be a part of your new life! Roar! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!