Monday, November 19, 2012

On our First Date of Christmas: The Galaxy of Lights








Ok, so it's not quite the Christmas season. And usually I'm so against celebrating or doing anything Christmasey until the day after Thanksgiving.  But here in Huntsville, every holiday season you can drive through the galaxy of lights at the botanical gardens, and I've done that a couple of times over the years, and it is always fun. But this year I found out that during the week before Thanksgiving you can walk through it! And I really wanted to experience walking it this time around.

So Saturday night, we drove to the gardens and did just that. It was so pretty and Adam and I had such a good time strolling through. Mostly cracking jokes, as we tend to do. However, this year's trip to the Galaxy of Lights just left me with the same unanswered question I've been wondering about for years now. Why a dinosaur display and what in the world does that have to do with Christmas? Can anyone explain that to me? Because once I have that answer, I can finally put this Christmas mystery to rest.

The trip to the Galaxy of Lights officially kicks off our holiday challenge, which is to have 12 little dates before Christmas! I just thought it would be a sweet way to celebrate Christmas together this year in our new hometown (an idea I stole from Marci).  Anyone else is free to join in on this challenge, I would love to read about your holiday dates!

1 comment:

  1. lol, nope I've got no explanation for the dinosaurs. That's just weird. I love the lights though, and I would totally walk through them too if I had the chance.
    I told Match to get down the Christmas decorations for me for this weekend. I always start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!