Friday, April 5, 2013

The Linen Anniversary

 
As far as anniversary celebrations go, I wouldn't say this was our finest. The night before our anniversary I had gone for an easy peasy 20 minute jog, and then I randomly developed a sore throat. By the next morning, my head was pounding and my teeth hurt.  I just felt like I was dying. So I spent all morning in an urgent care center with my mom getting some medicine and a big, old painful steroid shot in the butt.  Then, I went home and took something like a three hour nap.

By the time I woke up, I didn't feel all that much better. I certainly didn't feel like getting dressed and going anywhere, even if it was a big day! So Adam did something really sweet. Last Valentine's Day, I made Adam a custom love coupon book from dateivation.com. So instead of being bummed out about how we were spending the anniversary, Adam said he would cash in this coupon! Making it seem like staying at home was our plan all along.

So he ran out to the pharmacy to pick up my medications, and then he headed to Cracker Barrel and got dinner to go. We spent the evening eating good country food and catching up on some of our favorite shows, such as Archer, Community, & The Soup. It was a perfectly pleasant evening.

So even though we've had more exciting anniversaries. This one was just simple and sweet. And I think the most wonderful thing about being married is knowing you have many more years to do it big.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love that. Sounds very much like something Match and I would do together. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!