Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day + Scavenger Hunt





I  love Valentine's Day. I've always loved Valentine's Day, and it never mattered to me if I was single or attached. As a child, OK even as a teenager, my mother would always leave some kind of Valentine's treat outside my bedroom door for me to find in the morning (my mom still sends me a gift for Valentine's. She sent Adam and me those tasty cake covered suckers in the last picture). I celebrated single awareness day with my girls in college, making faux mailboxes to hang outside of our dorm rooms ala elementary school, and fighting over who was going to get to buy the Hello Kitty Valentine's from the store. So now that I am married and chained to Adam for life (whether he likes it or not), of course I'm going to celebrate V-day.

We had a fun Valentine's day this year (or I should say days since we started celebrating on Sunday, and he took me out to eat at The Cheesecake Factory Tuesday night to beat the crowds. BTW, the new Reece's Peanut Butter Cheesecake there is amazing, and will totally sicken you with its sweetness. That my friends is a perfect combination).

On Sunday, I bought Adam his gift, a game for the Wii that he had been wanting. But I got so excited about giving the gift, that I actually ended up giving it to him on Sunday. But I didn't want to just give him his gift. So I made up a little indoor scavenger hunt, placing little semi-rhyming clues around the house for him to decode and find. It was incredibly cheesy, but incredibly fun. I really think he appreciates the little things I do to make things more special and fun. Although I asked Adam if he ever imagined if he would be married to someone who likes scavenger hunts, but he said he never imagined he would be married. So I guess that's a no to my question?

Some examples of clues:

Clue: "In this place it snows all year long/ Turn me over/I'll sing a song."
Answer: Snow Globe

Clue: "You have been shrewed/When figuring out clues./Now claim your prize/ From Freud's Shoes."
Answer: My Freud Slippers.

And yes I did hide the game in my slippers, thank God Adam doesn't have a feet phobia. But if you do, I apologize for the visual. Just know my feet are not nasty. They are cute and smell like fresh daises at all times.

P.S.-Oh and the second picture is Adam interrogating Sarah for the answer to a particularly puzzling clue.  Needless to say, she didn't know.

1 comment:

  1. what a fantastic idea. its those little things that make married life so much fun! u guys are adorable and i'm glad you found each other!
    GREAT POST :D

    lots of hugs and kisses xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!