Sunday, October 21, 2012

Southern Homecoming Party

 
Last weekend, we hosted a small little party to get our friends together, and celebrate moving to Alabama. I didn't want to call it a housewarming party because we don't own a home yet, and I'll need an excuse to throw another party when we buy a house next year. So instead I made it a, "Southern Homecoming Party."
 
Many of our friends drove in from Mississippi, and a few from just down the road. But I feel so blessed that we have so many friends, who are willing to take the time, come so far, and spend the gas money just to spend a few hours with us!
 
We did some terrible renditions of 80's songs, while playing lego rock band, ate pizza and cupcakes,  drank, and laughed a lot.  And somehow we ended the party in the wee hours of the morning watching Too Cute on Animal Planet. Which is literally a show about the lives of puppies. That show was amazing, I'm not even kidding. Best show ever. I love when completely random things happen like that. And they usually happen at our parties.
 
I only wish we could do that every night.  Of course, I was too busy having fun to think of taking pictures. But just picture a bunch of sophisticated people in their best attire and you will know what our party looked like! Or, maybe jeans and t-shirts would be more like it.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I'm so glad you had such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great party!! I hope our Halloween party is fun like that. I need to see this Too Cute show. I'll just melt!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!