Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Couple who Brunches Together, Stays Together





Actually we are not people who brunch. During the weekday mornings, I just grab a banana and maybe some yogurt and go running out the door.  And on the weekends, we sleep in,  and it just makes sense to skip breakfast all together and just eat lunch. But when I heard about 3 skillets in downtown Huntsville I figured it was about time we "did brunch."

It was sooooooooooooooo good. I got the king, which is a waffle that has bacon, bananas, and peanut butter baked into the batter, and then it is topped with vanilla whipped cream. I was pretty much in heaven. And I would tell you what Adam ate, but he is not very adventurous, but his omelet tasted fine I'm sure.  However, he did have chocolate milk, which I thought was super cute. I love having a 28 year old husband who drinks chocolate milk while I drink mimosas. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Afterwards, we walked next door to Sam & Greg's Pizzeria and Gelateria (is that a word, I just made that up) for DESSERT!  And the weirder something sounds the more likely I am to try it I guess, because I got bacon maple syrup gelato and I LOVED it.

I guess it was just a bacon-ey kind of day.

2 comments:

  1. bacon baked into the batter?? I have to try this. That sounds amazing. I love date days like that. Match and I love going out for brunch, but we haven't in forever. I think I need to go hunting for bacon waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that popcorn on last photo?

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!