Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Spirted Date Night


Last weekend, when we got back from the beach, we attended an Open Studio painting class. The difference in Open Studio as opposed to the other classes I've taken, is you get to pick any painting you want. And while you get help from the teachers, you kind of get to take it into your own hands. 

I decided to do a painting of Big Spring Park located here in Huntsville (I love that place, I even blogged about it here). And Adam decided to paint a stadium representing The Green Bay Packers!  I loved that we each picked a painting that represents where we come from, and reminds me how tied we are to our hometowns!

I am very proud of my painting, it is one of my favorites, not only because it represents one of my favorite places, but because I was able to do it without asking for much help. I have learned so much in the last few months I've been painting there. I was just able to size up the painting, and decide which steps to take. My color mixing skills have even improved. I can't wait to keep painting and learning more. Painting has become my therapy!

Now, Adam he, sadly, is never satified with his work. He thought his was awful, even though I loved it. There was just no telling him otherwise. Oh well, you can't win them all. He even hated this dyptich we did together a few weeks ago. 


But I think it is awesome, and my opinion of it is the only one that matters anyway. So take that, Adam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!