Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend






This weekend we went out for fondue just because we could. Why do I love fondue so much? Is it the abundance of cheese and chocolate (two of the best foods ever)? Is it the dipping? Or is it that it always astounds me how good cheese is with apples? I don't know, but I love it.  Some people think fondue is weird because you are basically paying to prepare your own food, but I disagree. I love fondue because it is an experience that takes a lot of time, that gives you time to talk!

I think the melting pot was having a little bit of a 1920's theme going on. All the specialty cocktails had names straight out of the 20's, like the Speakeasy Smash, Debonair Derby, and the Swanky doll. I had the delish Blackberry Bramble. We went with beer & cheddar fondue to start, California salads for the second course, a mixture of meats & vegetables for the third, and topped it all off with some smores chocolate sauce for dipping. We really had a great time.

And to top off our 1920's cocktails, we went home to watch the new Great Gatsby. I love that movie so much, and Adam didn't hate it (which is just about as best I can expect from him, if it isn't James Bond or a Super Hero movie).
 
We have had such a relaxing weekend. But man, the longer the weekend, the harder it is to go back to work. Not looking forward to that alarm squealing at 6:30 AM tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks AMAZING!! I've never had fondue before - but with your recommendation, Trav and I may give it a try. :) Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fondue. Match calls it chick food, so I rarely get to have it. When I'm ready to do a girls night out sans baby, I'm thinking fondue would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!