Saturday, September 14, 2013

Currently:


Excited About: In t-minus two weeks, two of my best friends from college will be here for an all girl's weekend! We are going to see Chicago! I saw it in New York a couple of years back, but I love it so much that I can't wait to see it twice! And I seriously need some girlfriend time.

Listening To: I have recently discoverd the showtunes channel on Pandora, and I am in love! It plays songs from Broadway musicals, Glee, Pitch Perfect, and Disney movies! It even plays songs from the Sound of Music. It makes me super happy and super nostalgic.  And it sure helps the day go by faster at work when I'm into hour 3 of paperwork, and my client's haven't showed up (by the way, Adam told me he has never seen The Sound of Music. This shocks me, so I'm buying it post haste, so he can see it. And I have to ask, if your childhood occurs and you didn't watch The Sound of Music, did the childhood happen at all?).

Reading: I have been reading like crazy lately. I just finished rereading The Great Gatsby. I hadn't read that book since high school and I was so happy to report that it is honestly as good as most people think it is. Not overrated at all. After reading Gatsby, I decided I wanted to read more classic books, so now I am reading The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.  Additionally, I'm listening to the audio book of the hilarious Jen Lancaster's My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black; Or, A Culture-Up Manifesto. And because I'm totally crazy, today I started reading the true crime novel, Who Killed Betsy?: Uncovering Penn State University's Most Notorious Unsolved Crime.

Eating: I had the best meal today, when I went out with my mom for lunch. We went to I Love Sushi and got a whole bunch of sushi rolls with ginger salads, miso soup, and sesame chicken. I also tried gyoza for the first time. So delicious!  

Working On: Getting my house cleaned, organized, and purged! Adam and I really got lazy this summer when we were both so tired and burnt out from working so hard. And it has really started to get to me! It is time to get back on track.

Loving:  I am only slightly obsessed with these socks.

Recent Buys:  Adam and I finally broke down a bought a fancy treadmill for our house. It was expensive, but it has been so hot outside, that working out outdoors is downright miserable. I like having the option to work out in our home, while we watch our favorite shows!  It does take up half the space in our living room though!

Thankful For: Having been in Alabama for a whole year now!  It hasn't always been easy, but I'm super happy with all the blessing and opportunities that being here has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!