Sunday, October 6, 2013

A W Girls' Weekend & All That Jazz

The weekend before last was so epic, in that I really, really needed some girlfriend time, and that is exactly what I got when two of my college friends (A.K.A, my W. Girls) for the weekend. It's hard to believe I have known these girls so long now. I've been friends with Jana something like 10 years and Anna 8 years. I am so blessed to have these girls in my life. And of course, I had to share with them some of my favorite things to do in Huntsville!

(P.S-Sorry for the picture quality as they were taken with a phone, rather than my fancy smancy camera, and the weird mixture of actual pictures to instagram pics. Some reason the switching back and forth annoys me :).





Yes, I took them to  fondue on Friday night. I'm addicted to fondue, it is a sickness I know. But what goes better with girlfriend time than chocolate, cocktails, and cheese? Nothing! We had some much fun sharing cocktails and laughing about old times. I forgot how crazy some of those dorm nights were!
The next day I had gotten us and the girls' tickets to see the touring musical, Chicago! We were all so excited. I had been listening to the show tunes station on Pandora for weeks, that features Chicago songs pretty frequently. I had previously seen the play on my trip to NYC, and it was sooo good, and I couldn't wait to see it again! And it was just as good as I remember! Also Paige Davis (the host from Trading Spaces) played Roxie Hart, how cool is that? I really just wanted to go back stage and ask her what it was like to work with that crazy, Hildy.

After the play, we had burgers at Cheeburger, Cheeburger, and headed out to do my favorite thing in Huntsville. Drink and Paint! We had a  lot of fun at the studio, the picture on the right is mine. I did not show their paintings, because in my opinion, theirs are better than mine. So if I don't show them, you guys can all fawn over mine and increase my self-esteem!

I can't wait till the next time we can get together, and hopefully even more of us can hang out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I SOOO need a girls weekend. I'm super jealous that you had fondue. Match calls it chick food, so we never go. This post makes me miss my girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!