Monday, October 14, 2013

Of Christmas Card Making & Illness

I went to work today, as I do every Monday, and I only report this to say I went to work while still recovering from bronchitis. Sure, I've been on anti-biotics for a few days now, and I doubt I'm contagious. But today I sat across from a great grandmother of advanced age in my small office, and I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to give her bronchitis, and I'm going to kill her." And if you think that thought process is dramatic, you are right. Because I am a dramatic person, and I worry about these things.

I also want to report that I have discovered my new super power, going from 0 to full on bronchitis in 2.0 days! Because Wednesday night, I had a slight tickle in my throat, and by Friday I couldn't breathe. Which also sucks because I have a fear of coughing, ever since a coughing fit I had last year caused me to faint and bust open my head on our coffee table.  So every time I'm about to cough, I'm seized with panic!

But you know what else I did when I had bronchitis? I went to a Christmas card making class. Because that is what you do when your sick, you give into an overwhelming motivation to make Christmas cards! Plus, I had already promised my mother I would attend the class with her. Although, I felt somewhat tricked into it, because it was only after I agreed, she told me she was going to pick me up at 8:30 a.m on a Saturday! Who gets up at that time on a Saturday? Those career Christmas card making people must be made of heartier stock than me.

I'm not the craftiest of people, and I definitely made a lot of mistakes on the cards, but I think they are cute. I would love to make all my own Christmas Cards this year, but if I took the same amount of time it took me to make 6, I might be making cards till after Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!