Friday, October 11, 2013

Neon Vibe 5k






A few months ago, when I was in the throws of sciatica, I found out the Neon Vibe 5k was coming to Huntsville. I guess it was a little wishful thinking that I would be all better by October, but alas I'm not. But I wanted to do the 5k anyway. I had no idea how it would go, I haven't ran in months, and I'm back to walking at a snail's pace. 

The Neon Vibe 5k is really similar to the color run I did, but you just add black lights. I swear I told Adam 3 times or more, that it was a COLOR run. But when I told him he shouldn't wear his polo shirt as we were getting dressed for the race, he acted like he knew no such thing. And then he wanted to go the the race and avoid being bombed at all. And then my whimsical side was all like LIGHTEN UP, and kind of just dumped some color on him. And then it was all good from there.

The race was definitely harder than my past ones due to the no training, and it took me about ten minutes longer than it usually would, but I still felt proud of myself for finishing. I should have took pictures of us post race because we were covered! 

It was a fun race, and I forgot how much fun they are, I'm looking forward to doing more. I just hope beyond hope my leg pain is better by that time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!