Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Weekend in Lexington

During the first weekend in June, my friend Lark and I took a weekend trip up to Lexington, Kentucky. We were there to eat lots of good food and tour a beautiful city. 

On the way up, we chitchatted about everything, and when we weren't talking were were jammin out to Ed Sheeren on Pandora & my Britney Spears playlist. It was silly, it was us, and it was a near perfect road trip.
Lark had heard from a coworker that there was a lovely farmer's market in Lexington, and this was our first stop, when we woke up on Saturday. We enjoyed browsing the vendors, and we drank boba tea and tried the maple apple butter biscuit. 




The main reason I wanted to go to Lexington was to visit the Mary Todd Lincoln house. Anybody who knows me, knows what a history freak I am, especially presidential history. So I definitely enjoyed seeing the home where Mary Todd Lincoln spent her teen years. I love old houses and old furniture. 




After we finished our tour, we drove over to Crank & Boom for some ice cream. Crank and Boom is supposed to be the best ice cream shop in the state of Kentucky. And it was super delicious. I had a scoop of Bourbon caramel in a waffle cone. And before we left the shop, we posed for a picture in front of their selfie wall.  

It was getting hot out, and Lark and I both love a little downtime on vacation. So we decided to hang out at the hotel for a bit after our stop at Crank & Boom.



We ended up having a delicious dinner at Middle Fork Kitchen Bar. There are no words to describe how much we loved it, especially those Vermont Cheddar Scallion Pancakes! Yum.



After dinner, we took a walking tour of Lexington with Dr. Coleman. It was so fun. He was a great story teller, and we learned so much about the "Wicked City." And Lexington is just BEAUTIFUL. And that picture of the door I took? Totally #doorgoals. 


On Sunday morning before we left town, we stopped by North Lime Coffee and Donuts, for coffee and donuts (duh). Espresso chip was definitely my favorite!

Lexington is such a mix of traditional Southern culture with a hipster quality, I would love to return and explore some more. 

P.S-I'm working on getting my blog up to date on some of the trips I've taken in 2017, hopefully I can. I miss blogging, just haven't been very motivated lately!

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!