Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My Scrappy Plans for 2017

Now is the time of year I start to plan how I want to document the next year. And this post is really just a way for me to work out my thoughts. And this is how I "begin with the end in mind."

Over the last three years, I have slightly varied how I document every year. In 2015,  I documented every week in a 12x12 album.  Then, I wanted to do a smaller size in 2016, so I used a 9x12 album. And this year, I used a 6x12 album, with monthly spreads instead of weekly. Some months had more spreads than others, and that was fine by me. 

I also made mini albums (both paper, digital, and through the PL app) for vacations and December Daily. And I enjoy mixing it up with different mediums. 

This year I want to go back to a weekly format, using the Project Life app. This I will consider to be our yearbook of our lives together. I want these to be printed as photobooks, and I plan on having two of these for the whole year. I will do one page per week, and I will add an extra page if there is a big event that needs more documentation. 

But I want to keep playing with paper. So I plan on keeping a 6x8 album, which will be my "selfie" album. And no I don't mean an album filled with just selfies, although I imagine there will be a few. But it will be an album filled with all the pictures and things I love.  If I want to do a page devoted to coffee or clothes, I will put that there.


I also picked up this Zelda themed album the other day from Hobby Lobby, and I'm excited to turn this into a mini-album all about Link. Since he is named after the video game, Zelda. I think it will be super cute. 

Lastly, I plan on making a big album for our Alaskan cruise in May, and some sort of mini-album for my Disney trip in September.

I'm hopeful for successful documenting in 2018!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!