Friday, October 13, 2017

Vegas Solo Yolo Trip: Part 1

I'm not sure if I have ever talked about how much I like Britney Spears on the blog. But I really like Britney Spears. That statement is something I would have been embarrassed to say ten years ago. But now that I'm 31, I really don't care, I own what I love, and I wave the flag proudly. 

I guess part of my love for Britney has to do with the fact that her celebrity status emerged when I was in middle school. I grew up with Britney. I legit remember listening to Britney Spears' first CD on repeat, while I was falling asleep most nights in the 7th grade. And now she is my go to artist for my workout playlists.  So not only are her songs catchy and fun, she just holds so much nostalgia for me.

I've known for a really long time that I wanted to see her in concert. When I read that she would be ending her residency in Vegas at the end of this year, I knew I had to go.  So I ended up finding a good last minute deal on a flight/room combo for labor day weekend. Which was a whirlwind, two weeks away.

I enjoy doing things on my own immensely, but I have never gone on a major trip by myself. Some people thought I was crazy, but I saw it as an adventure. Plus, this was my 2nd time to Vegas so I was somewhat familiar with the city, which made me feel more confident.



My travel day to Las Vegas, was a bit of a hassle. It was a few days post Hurricane Harvey, and it had finally reached our area, spinning off storms and tornado warnings. I experienced a 3 hour delay. I usually struggle to fall asleep on planes, but when I got on my flight close to 11p.m., I slept from take off to touch down, all four and a half hours. It was lovely.




I got in really late, and I grabbed my shuttle to my hotel, Planet Hollywood. I really loved that hotel and my room. I had a lot of space and the biggest  bath tub! I was starving, so I grabbed a Pink's hotdog at the hotel at 2 a.m. before going to bed. I love how Vegas is always hopping no matter what time of day.





The next morning, I got dressed and ready (played some penny slots, I'm not a big gambler), and grabbed a lyft to the Neon Museum. I had heard about the Neon Museum years and years ago. Which is a home for all the Vegas signs that are no longer in use. I just thought it seemed so cool! And it was. The hour long tour was so worth it, even though we were all just sweating bullets. That desert sun is no joke!



And just to advertise my total nerd status, after the Neon Museum I went to the Mob Museum. The mob was not something I had ever been interested in, but I do love all history. And I really enjoyed the mob museum. Not only was it about the mob, it covered a lot about this history of gambling and even Vegas itself. I spent a good couple of hours there. 




I had lunch at the Mickie Finnz down on Fremont Street. The fish tacos were really good, and I loved my fruity drink in the coconut head!


 
When I was researching options for my trip, and I heard about the huge zipeline (Slotzilla) over Fremont Street. I knew I wanted to try it. I did the highest level, where you zip superman style. I was super intimidated when I got to the top (it's much taller, than it appears), but once I was strapped in there was no turning back. I loved flying over Fremont Street! It felt like flying.




To me, the best thing about Planet Hollywood is that it is attached to the Miracle Mile Shops, which is a huge mall. So when I got back to my room, I stopped by the Lush store and got a few bath bombs. I went back to my room, took a luxurious bath, followed by a wonderful nap. Then I went shopping for real. Some of my favorite stores were Attic Salt and the Tervis store (I love my tervises). I also ate at Lobster Me for dinner, and got a cupcake shake from Sugar Factory for dessert.

Day one of my trip was a success. But I knew day two would be even better, with the concert on the agenda!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!