Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

(via)

Sometimes I think I should try to cook more meals that don't involve my crock pot. But I love my crock pot, it is sooooo easy and it makes food taste sooo good and it makes my house smell soooooo lovely. So then I think whatever, I'll just keep cooking in my crock pot. 

Last week, I pinned this recipe and couldn't wait to try it. And it was the perfect thing to throw together while I was getting ready for our trip to Texas. It was soo delicious. I thought I would share the recipe with you guys. 

By the way, I brined the chicken first, I never put chicken in the crock pot without brining, because I feel like the chicken dries out so easily in the crock pot.

Ingredients
  •  2 frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 can rotel tomatoes (with green chilies)
  • 1 can undrained corn kernels
  • 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
  • 1 package Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 Tbsp cumin
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 8-oz package cream cheese
Directions

  1. Throw all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours, stirring once or twice to mix in the cheese.
  2. Shred the chicken and serve over rice (if desired). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!