Sunday, November 17, 2013

My First Vendor Event!



It been about 8 months since I started my little Scentsy business, and it has been a lot of fun for me. And lately I'm really starting to earn some money!  So a few weekends ago, Adam and I loaded up the car and drove five hours south to Jackson, Mississippi, to hang out with my friends from college (and now Adam's friends too), Jana and Austin. Jana started selling pampered chef a few months ago, and she invited me to a vendor event a local church was having. So I thought it might be a fun way to meet some new people, make a little money, and of course spend some time with friends!

I didn't have high expectations for the event, since I had never done one before. But it cost 25 dollars to participate, so I figured if I made that back, I would be happy. Well, I did make that, and surpassed my goal. But better than that, I learned a lot about how to work a vendor event, and I know I will do better next time. 

One thing I learned is that it is great to have a conversation piece! Jana and I took that wooden hippo to the event and everyone loved it, and would stop by just to comment on it!

After the event, we went back to Jana's apartment, and we had delicious homemade pimento cheese sandwiches and white chicken chili, she had made in the crock pot. We took naps, and we just spent the evening hanging out. I think a test of a good friendship, is you don't have to do something to have fun, all you have to do is be together, and it is a blast. 

I also thought this would be a good time to show a little of the holiday scents that I am loving right now (and as always if you are interested in anything, email me, go to my website, send a carrier pigeon, hire a sky writer or whatever).


By the way, Christmas Cottage and Pumpkin Roll are definitely my favorite holiday scents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!