Monday, June 23, 2014

Eating after Weight Loss Surgery: Tangy, Hawaiian Meatballs



First of all, I have to ask for forgiveness for the poor quality of this picture. I snapped this shot right in my crock pot with my iPHONE! Bad job by me. Just know these meatballs are far more appetizing than they look in this picture. Second of all, the original recipe credit goes to this lovely lady.

Since I had my weight loss surgery, family, and friends are consistently curious about what I eat now. So I thought I would occasionally share with everyone what I have been eating lately. Starting with these made in my crock pot ,tangy, Hawaiian meatballs.

I love this recipe because it is delicious, Pompeii (my stomach) tolerates it very well, and it makes good leftovers that I can take to work for lunches for weeks (since I only eat 4-5 of them at a time). But most importantly it is good protein!

I broke her recipe in half, so I would not be eating meatballs for a lifetime. Here is my smaller version:

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lb pkg of precooked, Frozen Meatballs (or make your own)
  • Can of Pineapple Chunks, drained yet save the juice
  • 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
  • 1.5 tbsp Cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup White Vinegar
  • 1 Tbl. Soy Sauce
  • A Dash of Cayenne Pepper to Taste
Instructions:
  1. Place meatballs in crock pot and top with drained pineapple chunks.
  2. In a bowl, mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
  3. Pour sauce over meatballs and pineapple.
  4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
  5. Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!