Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Weekend Report


I successfully finished my first week of Summer Day Tx, and it was totally exhausting. All I could envision doing this weekend was sleeping, but I really didn't do much sleeping whatsoever. I kept pretty busy. 

Saturday, I woke up bright and early and decided to go ahead and knock out my workout. I wanted to run outside since I've been doing more treadmill work outs lately, due to the heat. My weather app said it was 73 outside, but it did not feel 73! I was sweating buckets! #humiditykills. After I ran my 2 miles (so happy I'm a little under the pace I need for Disney), I had to lay down on the grass in the shade to cool off before I could walk the half mile home!

After my workout, Adam and I went house hunting. We are still not out of the running for our "dream house" but because the process continues to drag on (my own personal version of Chinese Water Torture), we know it is best to keep looking.  We found some duds and some hits. But it did make me hopeful that there are other wonderful houses out there for us. 

My mom and I had made a movie/dinner date for Saturday night. I was almost to tired to go but I really wanted to see Maleficent, so I decided to suck it up. As we were walking up to the theater,  my mom mentioned there was a tornado warning to the north of us, but I just figured it would all be "OK."

Halfway through the movie, someone stood up in the theater and told us there was a tornado pretty near by. So we walked out to check out the situation, and we were smack dab in a severe thunderstorm, it was nuts! There was no tornado, but it was storming so hard it would have been impossible to drive in.  We had to get a refund and wait it out. I thought we were going to be trapped in the theater all night long! Luckily, it slowed up about a half hour later, and we were able to sneak home before the next big storm came.

Later on today, my mom and I plan on catching the 2nd half of the movie. I can't wait, it is really, really good! Angelina Jolie as Maleficent is just perfect. I also plan on doing laundry and grocery shopping, and just getting ready for week 2 of summer day Tx and my teenage group!

I hope y'all have a great week my little chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!