Sunday, June 15, 2014

Glow in the Park


Everybody I had the best Friday night with my girl, Jana, in Memphis! We met up so we could do a Glow/Foam run, Glow in the Park.  A foam run was on her running bucket list. So this was a must do for us both. 

Friday afternoon, I wrapped up everything at work, and I hopped in the car to drive the 3 hours to Memphis. I was so tired, I so wanted to go home and take a nap. I was so worried I wouldn't have energy come race time. But I was just in a sullen mood because I was tired. I knew as soon as I got to Memphis I would be A-OK. And I was.

I got into town a few hours before the race, so Jana and I just hung out in the hotel room for a while, resting and catching up. But before we knew it, it was time to head off to the race! We got there and donned our silly, warpath paint. I got it all over my car (Thank goodness it came off with a little water, I thought Adam might kill me if I came home with a green/pink, spotted car).

We named our team, E.T. Foam Home (how awesome are we?)!!  

We "wogged" this race. I think we ran about a half mile, even up a big hill (we were super proud). Considering all the stops we took in the glow tunnels and foam cannon, we probably finished under 50 minutes, and we were no where near last!

We have come so far. We barely survived that first 5k, and now we are both running at least 3 miles three times a week. I'm so proud of us.

P.S-Did I mention we ran under the amazing, full honeymoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!