Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Weekend Report


I have had a really wonderful weekend, I,  for the most part took it easy. No big plans, no where to be.  I love to go, go, go. Travel to new places, find little adventures locally. But sometimes I really need a weekend that runs at a slower pace.

Saturday morning, I woke up around 7 and dragged my butt outside for a 4 mile run. I have to say this was not one of most pleasant runs. For most of the run, I just wanted to stop! But I just kept pushing, I almost feel more accomplished when I push through an unpleasant run, than when I have a really great run. It tests my persistence. I definitely went slower with every mile, but only one mile was outside my Disney pace. So I was overall pleased.

After the run, I took a shower, and drove down to the Athens Saturday Market to buy some fresh produce. It is amazing, how much better vegetables/fruit taste from the market! I got some lovely tomatoes, that I have been munching on for snacks.


Did I mention I have been buying all the Disney movies on blu-ray? I have enjoyed re-watching them so much. Disney is such a nostalgic thing, I remember the first time I saw all these movies! This weekend I watched Hercules and The Hunchback of Notre dame. I may be watching Hercules yet again, right this very second.

This morning I woke up and did this 20 minute yoga video for complete beginners! I have been thinking about what I wanted to do to cross train on non-run days for a while. I thought yoga would be a good option because it is not overly intense, and it won't make me too sore. In fact, the streching should help limber me up.

For a couple of weeks, my right knee has been sore from running, I assume. It never bothers me while running, but it really bothers me after running. Today, it felt so much better after my short yoga session.

I have always struggled with some of the yoga poses in the past, especially weight bearing ones, and today was no different. I had trouble holding downward dog. But I have bought a yoga block to help me modify some moves, and I am sure I will just get better if I keep practicing. I have to say I felt really relaxed after my session. Which is good for me, as someone who struggles with anxiety almost 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!