Sunday, March 27, 2016

Favorite Things: Podcasts (History Edition)

History has been a  passion of mine for as long as I can remember. Especially English history (to get more specific Tudor era history). So it is natural that I would gravitate toward History themed podcasts.   These are a few of my favorites:

1. Saw Bones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine

This show is so humorous, it is done by a couple (the wife is a Doctor), and it is all about Medical History. They cover illnesses/surgeries/historical figures. Plus the wacky theories people used to have about their causes and the remedies that were used throughout history. Funny, almost every time.


2. The Bowery Boys

Such a great podcast that is focused on the history of New York City. The hosts of the podcast do such a good job, and I just love listening to their voices. This is a perfect podcast if you love New York City or American History.


3. The History Chicks

This is a once a month podcast (which nearly kills me, when there is a two parter), focused on famous women in history. The hosts are really laid back, somewhat humorous, and I always love the details I learn, even about subjects I already know a lot about!

Suggested Episodes: Margaret "Molly" Brown and Julia Child

4. You Must Remember This

This podcast is all about Hollywood History. It is about classic movie stars and events, and how they effected the movies we know and love today. She does independent episodes, but has lately been doing series of episodes following one subject in depth. Oh, and her voice is spectacular!



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!