Saturday, April 9, 2011

Anti-Hallmark Cards

Adam recently informed me that he is not a huge fan of the traditional, sappy greeting cards. That was a surprise to me because when we were dating and doing the ever fun long distance relationship thing, I would often send him care packages complete with candy, boxes of Kraft macaroni & cheese, and always a card. And usually they were the cards that blasted music when you open them, which apparently (according to Adam) are the worst offenders of all.  Not to mention they can scare you senseless.

So I knew for our anniversary I didn't want to get him your standard everyday card, and while looking around on the web, I came across E's Custom Cards. I thought her cards were so fantastic. So I ordered him one for our anniversary. I told her I liked taking photos, he like gaming, and that we have a Goldie. This is what she came up with. I love it, he loves it, and I am framing it for our desk.

I guess you can say I got a little card happy because I also ordered one for one of my best friends from college, Anna. She is so awesome about sending out cards and gifts, and mailing out cards is one of those "adult" things that I can never seem to get it together enough to do (along with turning in library books on time).

I wanted the card to represent something that was important to both of us. So I had her draw the college we met at Mississippi University for Women (MUW), and we are decked out in our school colors. Yeah, I came this close to keeping this one for myself. She loved it! And there is nothing that makes me happier than doing special things for the people I love.

Song of the Day: You Get a Love Song by Lori Mckenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!