Monday, April 18, 2011

The Weekend

Flowers at Fresh & Easy

Homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits

DIY Monogram Letters for Living Deco by Me
This weekend was the weekend of the Long Beach Grand Prix, so the town was crowded and we could hear the buzzing of the race cars all weekend long (sounded like a hive of bees).  Since Adam and I are allergic to crowds, we spent the whole weekend mostly hanging around the house, other than running a few errands. On Friday, I cooked us up a banquet, I'm not even kidding. I made chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon, homemade mashed potatoes, and homemade mock red lobster cheddar bay biscuits (I'm going to post the recipe later on this week). Plus, we had two chocolate cupcakes for desert! Even for a cheat day, that was a whole lotta food. We felt like stuffed pigs, and couldn't even get up off the couch.

On Saturday, I went to Michael's to pick up some supplies that I needed to complete a project. Michael's is potentially dangerous for my mental health, since I spend a lot of time in that store talking out loud to myself like a nut job. Not even kidding. What is it about Arts & Crafts stores that unleashes my crazy? Once I got home, I set about painting our monogrammed letters that I bought and wanted to hang in our living room, while watching the movie Country Strong.  The movie was really good, but let's face it I only watched it to see what hair piece Tim Mcgraw was wearing this week. Although I was highly disappointed because it hadn't changed much since he did The Blind Side.  Love the man, amused by his hair piece (they should write that on his tombstone).

Oh and I napped a lot and played a lot of De Blob 2 on the Xbox. I'm not a gamer, but I love that game. Think animated coloring book.  All in all it was a fab weekend.

Song of the Day: Ours by Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!