Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mock Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe



Adam and I love to eat at Red Lobster, and we eat there a little more than I'd like to admit. He lives for their chicken fingers, and I live for their lobster rolls and those addictive biscuits. I figured in this modern age of google, I could find a substitute recipe, which I did, and I will post it here, but I want to give credit to the original recipe which is found here. They turned out really, really delicious, and they taste just like Red Lobster biscuits.  The only thing I would possibly do differently is bake them in cupcake tins to keep them from spreading out so much.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Baking Ingredients:
 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
 3/4 cup cold whole milk
 4 tablespoons cold butter
 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
 1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Brush on Top Ingredients:
 2 tablespoons butter, melted
 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
 Pinch of salt
 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (optional)

Directions:
 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
 2. Combine Bisquick with butter in a medium bowl using a large fork. Don't over mix, allowing chunks of pea sized butter to remain. Next, add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix. 
 3. Drop 1/4 cup portions of dough onto cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
 4. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until light brown on the top.
 5. Once biscuits are out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave and stir in garlic powder and parsley flakes (optional).   Brush garlic butter mixture over the biscuits, using up all the butter. Makes approximately a dozen biscuits.

Song of the Day: A Table Away by Sunny Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!