Sunday, May 19, 2013

27th Birthday Weekend




I really had a lovely birthday week full of lots of fun surprises. My work family baked me some delicious cupcakes and gave me a card signed by everybody. My mom took me out to lunch and presented me with a bag full of goodies (and we were just out beboping around when a tornado hit not a mile from us, and we had no idea there was even a warning). Adam's family sent me amazon gift cards. And my lovely husband surprised me with a cookie cake and tickets to Disney On Ice! Yes, maybe Disney on Ice is aimed for children. But I love Disney and I love figure skating, so I couldn't help but be uber excited about it.  I'm just a big kid at heart anyway.
 
It was a good show too and we were on ice level. But Adam and I couldn't help but crack jokes. There was a moment in Tiana's story where I swear she says, "I can't marry you, I want to open a restaurant!" And Adam and I were like what, "Can't you do both?"  Who knew those two things were mutually exclusive. And after the show, we decided to go see Iron Man 3, which was awesome!
 
Does anyone else get a little sad when the birthday festivities are over? I know I do! It is just nice to be treated extra special for the day. But I'm just ready to see what this year has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!