Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tap 'N' Run 4k







Our last evening in Nashville was spent doing the Tap 'N' Run! Jana is who I started my running journey with last year, and we are always looking for ways to get together and race! I discovered the Tap 'N' Run a few months ago, and I knew we had to do it! It is a 4k (2.5 miles) with four beer chugging stations. It sounded just ridiculous enough to be worth the road trip!
And it was totally worth the trip! People were in silly costumes (some were dressed like they were Amish, some were dressed as beer girls, etc), and everyone was just having a good old time. And yet again (like our whole weekend in Nashville), we just met the best people, including a couple who met at the Tap 'N' Run last year! What an interesting love story!
For my nickname on my race bib, I chose the name "Hofo." Which was my college nickname, I totally need to explain that one to y'all sometime. And Adam chose, "Mr. Jones", which is a character from one of his screenplays he wrote. When the race started, we all drank a beer, then there were two chug stations during the race, and one at the end. One of my favorite things about doing these events, is you get to see beautiful parts of the city, and this race was no different. We had some seriously beautiful views of downtown Nashville! 
After the race was finished, we topped off our mini vacation with dinner at macaroni grill, and we spent two hours of swimming in the pool back at the hotel. It was an awesome trip, and we can't wait to hang out with Jana & Austin again! Luckily, we only have to wait till next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!