Sunday, May 12, 2013

Slow Cooked Grilled Chicken Philly Sandwhiches


Adam and I just got back from a weekend of fun & frivolity in Nashville (one of my most visited cites, and very close to my heart)  with some of our best friends, Jana & Austin. It was a totally epic weekend, which I can't wait to share all about. But because we partied all weekend long, and partying doesn't involve a lot of sleeping, I'm dog tired. Heck, I usually use some part of my weekend for catching up on sleep lost from the work week. Not this time. But a little crankiness tonight from being sleepy was oh so worth it. But can I say partying at age 26 (almost 27!) is more exhausting than partying at 20?
 
So I will be sharing a lot more about Nashville in the coming week, but for now I just wanted to share this quick, easy,  & delicious recipe that I cooked for my friends Thursday night! Grilled Chicken Philly Sandwhiches made in the slow cooker. The recipe is from this lovely lady.
 
Grilled Chicken Philly Sandwhiches
Makes 4-5 Sandwhiches
 
Ingredients:
 
1. 2 tablespoons butter
2. 1 large sweet onion (sliced or cubed, I cubed mine)
3. 2 green bell peppers (Sliced or cubed)
4. 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
5. 2 tablespoons Steak or Chicken Rub
6. Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
7. Hoagie Rolls
 
Directions:
 
1. Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, and start the slow cooker on LOW heat
2. Place butter first, followed by vegetables
3. Cover Pre-Brined* Chicken with seasoning and salt & pepper to taste, add to slow cooker
4. Cook on low for 4-5 hours
5. Serve on hoagies with cheese melted on top
 
 
They were tasty and a big hit! I would definitely make these again sometime.
 
*This is optional. I always brine my chicken first if I'm putting it in the crock pot,  otherwise my chicken seems to dry out. Here are some good directions for brining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!