Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mile Marker 1


This little picture, taken from my iPhone, may say WALKING, but ignore that, because today I did not walk a mile. I ran a mile. I ran a mile for the first time since sometime last Spring. I kind of feel like a rockstar today.

It is funny because last week I could only run 0.6, and Monday when I tried to run, it was awful. I don't think I even ran 0.3, and I hated every step. I was so down on myself on Monday, feeling like it was impossible, that I could never get there. All my running hopes felt like pipe dreams.

How is it that lately nothing feels better than a good run but hardly anything feels worse than a bad run?

I tried again today because I know as long as I don't give up, I can one day get to where I want to be. So I set a goal to run at least 0.7, but I decided I would be pleased if I hit 0.6 again. But I got to 0.6 and then I thought, I can make it to 0.8. So I did. And then I thought, I can make it to a mile, I really want to make a mile. 

Sometimes I swear my shuffle featue on the iPhone knows just want I need. This is so cheesy to admit, but Catch my Breathe by Kelly Clarkson came on, which has always been a motivating song for me. It helped me get over the hump.

I'm so proud right now. I don't know what will happen at my 5k Saturday. My legs could give out, I may not be able to run a lick, or I may run further than I ever have before.

But whatever happens on Saturday, all that matters is today I believe I can do this!


1 comment:

  1. Well done babes, that's a cracking achievement - you should be pleased as punch :)

    Sophie x

    www.yourgirlislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!