Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Currently: April 2014


Excited About: That I am approaching having lost 100 pounds since my surgery (not even 4 months out).  Adam's 30th birthday, my 28th birthday (how did that happen) weekend that we are spending in Nashville doing the 5k Foam Fest.

Watching: I hate myself for admitting this, but I spent all day yesterday watching that darn Lindsay Lohan Documentary on OWN. I don't even like Lindsay or  OWN, but it was oddly compelling. I'm also way into the Real Housewives of Orange County and the current season of Call the Midwife right now.

Listening To: I really love Lea Michelle's CD Louder, especially the songs Empty Hearted & Cue the Rain. Still Obsessed with the Showtunes station on Pandora. And how did I just discover the song You and I by Lady Gaga?

Reading: I recently finished reading Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly, which I loved because it was a historical look at Jesus's life and death. I learned a lot about the politics in Israel at the time, as well as Cleopatra and Julius Caesar. I also read Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris recently, not as good as Holidays on Ice, but pretty darn awesome. I'm currently reading 12 Years a Slave, the true story behind the movie. I'm also about to start reading Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts for book club.

Working On: I have been brainstorming and googling  projects like crazy that I can do with my group of kids during summer day treatment. Yes, it is that time of year you guys! Summers at work are always super hectic, but in a weird way I'm kind of looking forward to it. Or at least looking forward to getting it over with.

Loving: All this Springtime weather and the trees looking like popcorn. And being able to air out the apartment by keeping the windows open.  Unflavored protein powder in Orange Juice, I can't even taste it!

Recent Buys:  Torani Sugarfree Syrups in Coconut & Sea Salted Caramel, which I love to put in my protein shakes. Several cute pairs of Betsy Johnson earrings, even though I already have 20 something pairs already. Ohh, and I finally, finally bought a Mia Clarasonic facial cleaner, I swear my skin is glowing!

Thankful For: Quiet Nights In after having company last week, and Adam being out of town over the weekend. Getting into bed early most nights. Reading on my lunch break. My little commute to and from work, which gives me time to disconnect from work and clients and get in the home state of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!