Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dumbo Double Dare Ya


I may have lost my mind a little bit or fallen down a run Disney rabbit hole, but before I have even completed my first run Disney event, I signed up for my second. Well, technically Adam signed me up for the race today, as he has the magic touch with the run Disney website.

Not only will I be completing the Disneyland half-marathon, I will be doing the Disneyland10k the day before the half-marathon. That is a total of 19.3 miles, and it will be the next step after conquering the half-marathon distance This challenge is known as the Dumbo Double Dare, and it takes place in California (of course).  It will be the first week in September. 

If I complete the challenge (and complete the Princess Half in two weeks), I will get 4 medals after the two races in Disneyland. The 10k medal, the half-marathon medal, the dumbo double dare medal, and the coast to coast medal (which you get for running a half-marathon in Disneyworld & Disneyland in one calendar year). I'm all about the bling.

This trip I'm taking with my mother, and not only are we going for the races over that weekend, we are spending a whole week out there. I've been to Disneyland twice before, and I loved it. My mother has never been to any Disney parks, so I'm excited for this mother/daughter adventure. I will also get to touch base with some of my California friends.

Last night, mother and I booked our flight to good ole' John Wayne airport in Orange County and a week long stay at the Disneyland hotel. I'm so thrilled to be staying at the oldest Disney hotel. And not to mention, I have never been to California Adventure, and I am really looking forward to checking out Cars land.

Mostly, I'm pleased to be continuing my training by taking on new running challenges and spending a week on vacation with my mother. We haven't done that since NYC.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!