Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Last Long Run


Tonight I completed my last long run before my half-marathon, which is exactly two weeks away (eck)! I went ten miles. I had hoped to be going the full distance by now. But I got a little behind due to my wisdom teeth surgery, but I'm pretty sure I can get to 13.1 miles on race day, even if I have to walk the last couple of miles.

Plus, I feel like there will be something special about the first time I ever go 13.1 miles being on race day. 

I was pretty pleased with my time. I completed the ten miles in 2 hours and 12 minutes. That is an average of 13:15 a mile, although several of those early miles were in the 12 minute range. So that leaves a whole hour for me to get in three more miles on race day, since the race has to be completed in 3 hours and 30 minutes. 

I felt pretty good throughout the whole run. The last time I did an 8 mile plus run, I ended up feeling pretty dizzy and sick afterwards. This was most likely due to my mistake of choosing not to hydrate during the run. So lesson learned. 

This time I popped two bottles of coconut water into my mailbox, along with some Gatorade energy chews. Every two miles I would stop and drink some water and have a few chews, before getting going again. This HELPED a lot.

Besides some soreness (which is to be expected), I feel pretty good now that the run is done. I'm feeling pretty confident about the Princess Half tonight, although I'm sure I will be pretty freaked out race day (because I know myself). 

So now 5 short runs is all that stands between me and my journey of becoming a half-marathoner. I just can't believe it.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

1 comment:

  1. You are so ready! Try to relax and just have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!