Tuesday, December 15, 2015

26 Days


In 26 days, I will be running my first ever marathon in Disneyworld (where else would I attempt it). And I would be totally lying if I said I wasn't uber nervous about it! I have been hitting the pavement hard lately. So many late night long runs. I love running in the evening. It is so peaceful. Just you and the road, a good podcast, or a fabulous playlist (has anyone else ran to Christmas music, while looking at Christmas lights, IT ROCKS).

 I'm up to running 15 miles and I plan to hit 20 by race day.

And yes, I know 20 miles is not 26.2 miles, but many marathon training plans only have you train up to mile 20, so I'm hoping it will be OK. Heck, I don't even care if I have to walk some of it. I just want to finish. It would be my crowning achievement on this whole life style transformation I've taken on! 

But I've mentioned I've had some hardships lately. Hormonal issues have caused me to have some persistent health issues, that put me in an anemic state, and forced me into minor, outpatient surgery. So while I didn't notice it at first until it hit me over the face, I definitely haven't had the energy I had a few months ago. But I'm starting to feel better. 

But if something happens, and I don't finish. I won't give up, I will just sign up for another one. It took me two years of running before I ever completed a full 5k  race running, so I know a little bit about not giving up. Running is such a mental game. Yes, you have to put in the time and the miles, but if your head isn't in it, it matters not.

So here's to a month full of running like crazy. Hopefully, I will be sharing soon that I completed my first marathon, and then spent a joyous three days in my happy place! But win or lose, I'll be in Disneyworld. Home of Mickey Mouse and the Carrot Cake Cookie. So you know, it won't be that bad!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!