Sunday, December 13, 2015

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party


On our last day of our trip to Disneyworld, we visited the Magic Kingdom with the whole family, and then Adam and I had tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that evening (which is a hard ticket event). I was so excited, I have wanted to attend this party since I first heard about it.

I also wanted to note that this was the day of the three outfit changes for Adam and me. Adam insisted we wear our Packer's jerseys (since it was a Sunday and a game day)! And then we posed for family portraits with our matching shirts.I also bought Nightmare before Christmas shirts to wear for the party.



I would be lying if I said I grew up loving The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'll be honest, it seems kind of "out there" and a little crazy to me, when I was younger. But as I watched it as I got older, I was so in love with it! My number one character meet and greet goal at the Halloween Party was Jack & Sally. I even wore this headband to the party.

We waited over an hour for the privilege to meet these two. And I just did not even care, I love a good character meet and greet. Plus, while we were in line, we were monitoring the Packers/Chargers game. And that was one crazy game, that kept Adam entertained. Everyone in line kept asking us about the score during the game!

When it was finally our turn, I was pretty pumped. Jack & Sally had a completely creepy way of walking over to greet us. Sally loved my headband, and she asked if I made it myself (I WISH). Who knows what Adam was talking to Jack about, probably the Packer's game. Before we left, Sally told me that she hoped that me and my beloved got to stroll through the graveyard together before the evening was over.  



Next, we got down to the main event, trick or treating. I haven't gone trick or treating since I was about 18 (when my friends and I went as joke). So now at age 29, I got to trick or treat at Disneyworld! 

We got so much candy. But poor Adam, he is so picky, and very rarely would he get any candy that he liked! We would see them handing out candy he liked, but when they would scoop up some candy from the barrels, he got none of it. It did become a running joke between us.





We got a seat in frontier land for the Boo to You parade. It was the highlight of the whole party for me! It started out with the headless horsemen, which was awesome. Then the most infectious song played throughout the entire parade, "Boo to you and you and you." I loved the grave diggers and the hitch hiking ghosts. I wish I could watch it again and again.

I took a little video if you want a taste of the parade.

We were pretty beat after the parade, although we did manage to  go for a spin on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I have never ridden it at night, which is a totally different experience.

We headed back to the hotel, watching Hallowishes from the monorail. I would have loved to see the whole thing castle side,  but we had a long drive home the next morning.  I think it is good to leave some things undone, it gives you a reason to come back!

 

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!