Sunday, December 6, 2015

Holiday Date Night




This morning at the annoying hour of 6 a.m., Link and I dropped Adam off at the local airport to send him on a work trip out to California for two weeks. Although I have been known to love my alone time, I have been dreading him leaving. December is such a fun month, and we both love Christmas, so it just sucks to be missing so much of this season together.

I also don't want him to leave for a myriad of selfish reasons. I have to take care of all the household tasks myself, and I can't share the responsibilities of dog care with him. etc. And one of my favorite things about Christmas is coming home from work to the lights ALREADY on. When I complained about that, Adam ran out and got timer for the lights, so I could still have that joy. He can be so sweet.

So we decided Friday night that we would have one good holiday date before he left.

We decided to head downtown and check out the Tinsel Trail. This is a free event at Big Spring Park, which has over 200 decorated Christmas trees. It was so pretty out there, and some of the trees were decorated so creatively. I also learned Adam never read Dr. Suess growing up, when I was talking about the "Thing 1" tree! I was shocked, how is that even possible?

After walking the trail, we did a little Christmas decor shopping. And Adam surprised me with the Inside Out DVD, which is my favorite movie of 2015. I love me some Pixar, and I can't wait to watch it. Then, we got pizza at Mellow Mushroom (we are such pizza people), and I had a peppermint Popsicle from Steel City Pops for dessert.

I really enjoyed those couple few hours with Adam, and it was a perfect Holiday date night. And while I always miss him terribly, I'm going to soak up as much fun from this season as possible.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!