Friday, February 12, 2016

Five Things

Notes from this Week:


Monday is usually Trivia night for my mother, Adam, and me at a local Mexican joint. And this week was one of those rare weeks where we actually took 1st place! We were on a roll all night, and we knew most of the questions (that is a rarity). While we often will come in third, it always feels so good to win first place! Go Team Blueshell! 


I really am still loving Jamberry, and this week I gussied up my nails for Valentines' Day. I'm loving the hearts, red, and silver. I have gotten so many compliments on them, and it makes me happy every time I see them. I heart pretty nails!


Oh my gosh, how cute is our Linkers? There is basically no room for him to sit with me on the new recliner. But does that stop him? I think not. He still insists on cuddling with me, with his nose under my neck! It may not be entirely comfortable for me, but I kind of love it anyway. He adores his Mama. 


I did Pure Barre for the first time in a couple of months last week. I got so busy with marathon training, that I let that slide a bit. Not only did I forget how hard it is (hello, 3 days of soreness), I forgot how much I loved it! I love the challenge, and because it is so difficult, I always feel accomplished when it's done. I'm looking forward to spending more time at the Barre! Plus, cross training keeps things interesting! 


So this morning when I was getting ready for work, I bent over to pick something up and when I popped back up, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. For the first time ever, I threw out my back. I was in so much pain, I couldn't even straighten up, and I was walking around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame! I had to call in sick to work. I've spent the day on the couch with muscle relaxers, netflix, a heating pad, icy hot, and Link sleeping on top of me. I feel a little better tonight, but it's been a long day. I guess now that I'm 3 months from age 30, it is all down hill from here.  

P.S-I recently purchased a new domain due to my old one expiring and being more expensive than I wanted to pay. Old address was http://www.one-by-land.com. New address is http://www.one-if-by-land.com/



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!